Fenty Beauty First Impressions

Fenty Beauty First Impressions

Fenty Beauty launched last week and beauty gurus everywhere rejoiced. A beautifully diverse, insanely good quality makeup range, and all for pretty good prices compared to other celebrity collections. I wasn’t actually anticpitaring that I’d be able to get my hands on anything, but apparently RiRi intentionally made sure Sephora and Harvey Nichols had loads of stock available to avoid selling out in a mater of hours, meaning I was able to treat myself to the Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter in “Trophy Wife” and a Match Stix Matte Skinstick in the shade “Porecelain.”

I was obviously really tempted by the foundations, given that there are 40 shades so I was guaranteed to find a match, but given how little I wear foundation I opted to go for one of Fenty Beauty’s multi-use skinsticks. These come in 20 shades, and can be used to conceal, correct or contour/highlight the skin. Pretty much all I use as an everyday base is concealer, so I felt this stick would make a pretty versatile base for my makeup. First impressions of the stick were that it was very matte, so was a little tricky to get used to in terms of tightness and the pressure needed to apply, but it does create a really a natural looking skin tone and texture. It’s also really pigmented and thick so covers my dark circles and blemishes really well. I personally didn’t think it worked as well as a highlighter, but that might just be because I’m crazy pale so the only highlighting techniques that do tend to work on my skin are shimmered powders.

Speaking of shimmer, Rihanna’s Killawatt Highlighter in “Trophy Wife” is one of the glowiest, most pigmented powders I’ve ever seen/used; it’s pressed really well so doesn’t crumble at all and creates such a stunningly bright shine. I love dramatic highlighters so chose to go for the gold shade and I was not disappointed in the slightest with the quality. This highlighter is also great for highlighting the inner eye if you want to be really extra with your makeup (and who doesn’t?!)

Other products from this range that I’m dying to try are the Invisimatte Blotting Paper and the ProFilt’r Primer, which have both been really well received by other bloggers. What products have you bought from this range or are you hoping to try out soon? Leave me a comment below and let me know!

Share:

42 Comments

• September 13, 2017 / 8:44 am

The packaging is mad cute, RiRi is such an amazing designer – of fashion and beauty products now! 😍

1. September 13, 2017 / 9:14 am

Love the sound of the skin sticks! Really want to try some of the Fenty stuff, it all sounds really high quality ☺️ Xx

• September 13, 2017 / 5:10 pm

It’s so good, the skin stick is amazing! ☺️

2. September 13, 2017 / 9:59 am

Ahh both of these sound amazing – can’t believe I hadn’t heard anything about this release until you mentioned it haha! I am very tempted by the skinstick but I have dry skin so I’m not sure how well that would go down with my face x

• September 17, 2017 / 9:59 pm

I think whilst it is very matte it doesn’t dry the skin out like a lot of other stick foundations and concealers! Would work well with a creamy/moisturising primer on dry skin πŸ’›

3. September 13, 2017 / 4:12 pm

I love the packaging of all the products in the range, they’re so pretty! I am really interested in trying the foundation from the range after hearing so many great reviews!x

• September 17, 2017 / 10:00 pm

The packaging is so simple but so aesthetically pleasing! Can’t wait to see what else she brings out 😍

4. September 13, 2017 / 7:26 pm

Emma that photo is absolutely stunning! You have seriously made me want to try this range! I really suffer with dark circles so that stick sounds incredible! Definitely going on my to try list!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

• September 17, 2017 / 10:00 pm

Thank you!! πŸ’› Let me know what you think if you pick anything up ✨

5. September 14, 2017 / 12:41 pm

I love the sound of that highlight! I can never find one that is pigmented enough that doesn’t crumbly or go streaky. I am definitely going to have to try the Fenty products!
    With love, Paige xx

• September 17, 2017 / 10:00 pm

Yaaaas do it! It’s crazy bright and pigmented, probably the best highlighter I’ve tried! πŸ’«

6. September 15, 2017 / 11:58 am

If I went for anything in this range it would be the foundation and the highlighters for sure! It’s a bit pricy for me at the moment being that I’m on a budget but when I get that sweet student loan I might just treat myself! X

• September 17, 2017 / 10:01 pm

I might get a foundation in the future, I can’t wait to see what eyeshadows and other products she releases soon! 😍

7. September 17, 2017 / 9:55 pm

I love the packaging! Also the highlighters *swoon*. Like you I never really wear foundation anymore so they’d be slightly wasted on me, however the highlighters I can definitely get on board with! Slightly out of my budget range at the minute, with all my spare money going on my four month old! Haha. Maybe on the Christmas list…

Rachael xx

• September 17, 2017 / 9:58 pm

It definitely isn’t the cheapest range but compared to other brands I think it’s fantastic value for the quality!! Definitely put one of the highlighters on your Christmas list! That golden glow would be perfect for Christmas and New Years ✨

8. September 17, 2017 / 9:58 pm

I’m such a bad beauty blogger, I hadn’t really heard of this before! I love the sound of that highlighter! I need to check this out now! x

• September 17, 2017 / 10:02 pm

I don’t know how you missed it but you should definitely check the range out! It’s fab πŸ’«

9. luxblush
    September 17, 2017 / 10:02 pm

I love the sound of the highlighter, I’ll definitely be on the lookout for those, and the shade you have is gorgeous! The skin sticks sound so good too xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

• September 17, 2017 / 10:04 pm

I can’t to see what other highlighter shades she brings out, I was super impressed by mine! πŸ’«βœ¨

10. September 17, 2017 / 10:16 pm

I am so so so excited about this range! There is no Harvey Nichols near me so I’ve ordered online just the primer & foundation for now which should come tomorrow and I can’t wait! I definitely already have my eye on a matchstick trio, the blotting papers, the blotting powder & the blending sponge! I’m so impressed with the prices of everything I thought with it being Rhianna it would be so expensive!

Ellie x

elliesbitsofbeauty.com

• September 17, 2017 / 10:19 pm

I ordered from HN’s website and the shipping was so expensive πŸ™ˆ Well worth it though! I was expecting it to be more expensive too, she’s done a great job making it accessible for all her fans too – celeb brands like Kylie Cosmetics make it so difficult for international fans to get stuff cause of customs and shipping charges! RiRi is really slaying the beauty game πŸ’…

• September 17, 2017 / 10:26 pm

I thought that too! I’m hoping my foundation shade is right so I don’t have to pay another Β£6 for shipping 😩 but yeah it’s so much better isn’t it! I’ve never tried Kylie Cosmetics for that exact reason I just think it’s silly as well as everything selling out straight away too! x

• September 17, 2017 / 10:33 pm

I’ve definitely seen a few people struggle with the foundation shades – even after being matched! That’s one of the problems with having so many shades I guess, it’s more diverse but more choice makes it a bigger risk! I do love Kylie’s stuff but I think I’d only ever get it from Depop and make sure the seller can provide proof of authenticity – unless she starts paying for customs it’s so not worth it! ☹️

• September 17, 2017 / 10:44 pm

Yeah I was torn between the two neutral shades 120 and 150 but luckily my mum is a darker shade than me so I went with 150 so if it isn’t right she’ll buy it off me but I’ll still be disappointed coz then I’ll have to wait for it all over again and pay the shipping haha. I never seem to get to depop on time and everything is usually sold out on their too! But yeah I couldn’t pay shipping as well as customs and the price of the products! x

• September 17, 2017 / 10:46 pm

Did you order from the Fenty Beauty site or the Harvey Nichols site? The shipping from HN is a little pricey but only takes a few days! My only problem with Depop is the amount of fakes, they’re so dangerous and people always try to pass them off as genuine 😩

• September 17, 2017 / 11:19 pm

From Harvey Nichols, yeah it should be arriving tomorrow so that only took 3 days which is pretty good! But the shipping was a bit steep for just 2 items. Hopefully if the shade isn’t right I’ll be able to order the other one and it will be here before next weekend. Yeah that as well, I’ve gone through hell of receiving fakes before and it’s really not fun!😩

11. September 18, 2017 / 9:43 am

Sounds amazing. I’ve heard so many good things I’m hoping to try something.

• September 19, 2017 / 5:53 pm

It’s such a great range and there’s something for everyone, you should pick something up for sure! πŸ’›

12. charlotteannelane103
    September 18, 2017 / 10:34 am

I’ve heard so much around this range, but it doesn’t really interest me massively if I’m honest! Although I am really impressed by the shade range of the foundations xo

Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

• September 19, 2017 / 5:54 pm

I didn’t think I’d be as bothered to start with but after trying it I think it’s one of the best beauty ranges on the market at the moment – and that’s just with the launch of a few products! πŸ’›

13. September 18, 2017 / 2:49 pm

I really need to get my hands on some of this range. I’ve wanted to since it came out, but I’ve held back hearing all the different reviews. The highlighters seem to be very popular and a good choice!

Taylor Jane ox | http://www.taylorjane.co.uk

• September 19, 2017 / 5:56 pm

Definitely try the highlighters if anything! I’ve heard mixed reviews of the foundation, but I think with such a huge variety of shades there’s always going to be a risk of getting the wrong shade and then it blending out slightly patchier! I think for an initial launch Rihanna’s done amazing in terms of quality control though ☺️

• September 19, 2017 / 5:56 pm

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it! πŸ’›

14. September 18, 2017 / 8:22 pm

I really want to try Fenty Beauty!!

• September 19, 2017 / 5:56 pm

You definitely should! πŸ’«

15. September 19, 2017 / 7:28 am

I seriously wanted a product but couldn’t bring myself to get a foundation because I really can’t bare how matte feels on my skin – I want to look borderline oily ! I do think I’ll pick up on of the highlighters – probably the lightest one in the split pan as people are saying amazing things.

Robyn xx

• September 19, 2017 / 5:57 pm

I know how that feels haha, I don’t mind using matte concealers though cause they don’t cover the face as much! I can’t say whether the foundation is really matte or not but I’m sure she’ll release different textures of foundations in the future anyway! ✨

16. September 24, 2017 / 3:32 pm

YES! I loved this post – always wanted to get hold of her products x but totally get what people mean by the matte end-result x Love her product backaging too – so unique

17. kirsty broadhead
    October 8, 2017 / 2:17 pm

I’m so excited to try this range! I was tempted to purchase in Sephora but my bank account said no!

Kirsty
    xo

• October 8, 2017 / 2:47 pm

You should definitely add some of her stuff to your Christmas list in that case – it’ll be well worth it! πŸ’›