January Media Faves Roundup

January Media Faves Roundup

I constantly describe my blog as fitting into three main categories; beauty, lifestyle and entertainment, but seem to be pretty bad at posting about the latter. Considering film, TV and other media-related stuff is a huge part of my life (I’m literally studying a degree in it!) I figured it was about time I started included more of it on my blog, so, introducing a new monthly series; Media Roundups. It’s pretty simple; each month I’ll wax lyrical about my favourite films, TV shows, songs or albums from the month. Basically, if it entertained me, it’s going on the blog.

Fave Film; IT

I finally got round to watch the latest IT remake this month, and it scared the bejeezus out of me. I love horror, despite being a massive wimp, and I loved this fresh take on Stephen King’s classic. The cast were fantastic; I always enjoy when younger actors are given a chance to truly shine in screen and make their characters their own, and this film is full of it. Bill Skarsgård’s Pennywise has lowkey ruined my life; I’m not ashamed to admit that I, an adult lady, had to sleep with a night light after watching.

Fave TV Show; Grace & Frankie

I got hooked on this show a couple of years ago when I binge watched the first two seasons, and the fourth season came out this week. Naturally, I watched the whole thing in the space of about three days, because once I’ve started it’s apparently not an option for me to stop. If you enjoy whacky comedy that’s also incredibly heartwarming, Grace & Frankie is for you. Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin own the titular character’s roles like they were born to play them; despite being one of the shows I’m more casually passionate about, this is one of the best comedies I’ve seen in a long time.

Fave Album; Camila

Have I told you about that time I met Camila Cabello at a Fifth Harmony meet and greet? Yes, I have, because I mention it any time someone brings up her solo album. I love this lass, she’s got buckets of talent and knows how to make amazing hits (Havana literally never gets old!) I love the diversity on this album; there’s a song for every mood and the whole track list is just full of good vibes. I can’t wait to see what Camila’s year is gonna be like and am crossing my fingers and toes I get the chance to see her live too!

Fave Game; The Sims 4

I bought The Sims 4 on console when it came out in November, after playing for a while on PC. Despite sorely missing all my CC and mods, the console experience feels so much smoother and easier to me. It’s still a little glitchy, but recently I seem to struggle to stop playing; it’s the perfect form of escapism and there’s almost always something exciting to be doing. It’s also been a really great creative outlet for me when I’ve been too lazy to do actual work; I could spend hours building on this game and making cool sims!

What other media faves do you want to see me discuss in these posts, and what are your media faves for this month? Leave me a comment below and let me know!

Share:

16 Comments

1. January 27, 2018 / 10:15 pm

Ahhh I so agree with TS4! I haven’t seen It (I hate horror) and I haven’t seen Grace and Frankie either but it’s on my list! X

• emmalouisedrury
      Author
      January 27, 2018 / 10:32 pm

My relationship with horror is definitely a love/hate one so I get where you’re coming from haha, and you should defo watch Grace & Frankie, you’ll love it!

2. January 28, 2018 / 1:38 pm

Great Post – I’m too scared to watch IT X But I love Camilla album too – I’m also singing Havana round the house.
    Sarah X

• emmalouisedrury
      Author
      January 28, 2018 / 1:40 pm

IT is definitely very tense and spooky! & Camila is so great, I’m glad her solo career is so successful!!

3. January 29, 2018 / 8:23 am

I really wanna watch Grace & Frankie, I keep seeing it pop up 🙂

• emmalouisedrury
      Author
      January 29, 2018 / 12:12 pm

It’s so fun, you should defo give it a watch!

4. January 29, 2018 / 9:42 am

I’m too scared to watch IT! One day I might try it haha! x

• emmalouisedrury
      Author
      January 29, 2018 / 12:12 pm

It is very scary haha!

5. Mummy Cat
    January 29, 2018 / 10:25 am

Not seen IT but id love to read it! and id love to try the sims 4 but it doesnt run on my laptop! i am addicted to sims 2

• emmalouisedrury
      Author
      January 29, 2018 / 12:13 pm

I’ve only read a couple of Stephen King books so I might get a copy of IT! I loved the older Sims games too, I had them all on the PlayStation 2!

6. January 29, 2018 / 10:44 am

I go through phases with the Sims. I’ll play it for weeks on end and then one day I’ll just stop and won’t play it for like 6 months 😂 It’s so much fun though! Building and decorating the houses is my faaaaav thing to do!

Also, I’m such a whimp that I refused to even watch the trailer for IT ! Scary movies are such a no go for me haha give me comedy or a drama instead 😂

Loved this post Emma, I can’t wait to see next months media favs! xx

• emmalouisedrury
      Author
      January 29, 2018 / 12:14 pm

I’m the same with Sims, I’ll play it for ages and then need a break! Probably good thing or I’d honestly have no life outside of Sims!!

I’ll see if I can include a comedy or drama in my faves next month for you haha!

7. shaunaclairesop
    January 29, 2018 / 11:43 am

I’m completely and utterly obsessed with the Sims 4! I must check out some of your other favourites!

Shauna | http://diariesofadramatic.com

• emmalouisedrury
      Author
      January 29, 2018 / 12:15 pm

Thanks for commenting – I hope you enjoy them!

• emmalouisedrury
      Author
      January 30, 2018 / 12:08 pm

Thank you! It definitely isn’t for the faint-hearted, haha.